Commercial Building Inspections Montreal
Our commercial building inspections, or Property Condition Assessments (PCA), are designed for financial institutions, commercial realtors and investors as well as individuals looking to purchase or refinance a commercial or industrial building. Our report will provide you with detailed information on the condition of many types of commercial, industrial, and professional buildings. All reports are prepared by a professional engineer in the format accepted by conventional lenders (banks, insurance companies, etc.)
We perform Property Condition Assessments for
- Apartment and Multi-family Buildings (over 5 units the Residential Standards no longer apply)
- Office Buildings
- Multi-use Buildings
- Strip Malls and Retail Space
- Industrial Buildings
The goal of a commercial building inspection is to identify and communicate, through visual observations, the presence of conspicuous defects or material deferred maintenance of a subject property’s material systems, components, or equipment as observed during the field observer’s walk-through survey. Practices and procedures are performed in accordance with ASTM E2018 – 08 Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments.
Commercial Building studies include:
- Complete visual inspection of the building including structure, exterior, interior finish, site components, roof, electrical, heating, A/C and plumbing systems.
- Interviews and discussions with key personnel associated with the building.
- A review of relevant documents associated with the building (repairs, upgrades and maintenance history, if available).
- A detailed written report along with photographic documentation.
- Recommendations along with repair / replacement cost evaluation (immediate, short term, medium term and long term).
Environmental Property Inspections, Building Code compliance, Life/Fire Safety System Certification Inspections and Elevator/Escalator Certification Inspections are not included in this study but can be arranged separately by clients.